There's a lot of buzz around Android OS and its many features, but have you heard that it can be used on your PC? The Google-developed operating system is one that has seen increasing popularity as smartphones become more prevalent. It offers excellent flexibility with tons of apps available in various categories like games or productivity tools all at the touch of a button! If this sounds good to you then keep reading to learn how you can use the best android OS for PC with ease.
Today, there are a ton of different Android OS for PC to choose from. While this can be great for users who want more choices, it can also make it difficult to decide which option is best for you. In this blog post, we'll take a closer look at the 13 best Android OS for PC in 2022. So, whether you're looking for an OS that is powerful and efficient or one that is customizable and fun for your low-end PC, we have you covered! Keep reading to learn more.
- 13 Best Android OS for PC
- Which one is the best Android OS for low-end PCs?
- Is it safe to run Andoird OS on my PC?
- What is the fastest OS for Android on low end PC?
- Can Android x86 run on 64 bit?
- Can Android OS replace Windows?
- Will installing Android OS On a PC create issues?
13 Best Android OS for PC
This was one of the excellent Android OS for PC, which came into being and there was an effort to bring about the android culture in the PC as well. It was launched effectively, and since the day of its launch, there has been no looking back. This Android OS has been tried and tested by experts, and therefore it has been marked as the best of the lot as far as the Android operating system is concerned. It is a surprising fact that it was launched in the year 2017 and is doing good.
Take a look at the complete guide on How to Install Bliss os on PC. With the latest update of Bliss OS, its developers have added ARM64 emulation and Magisk support which can be quite handy for advanced users. And for all others, the Android 11 base offered by this Android OS is quite great since you get to enjoy all of the latest Android features.
- Great Optimization.
- Supports ARM and x86 Architecture.
- Compatible with Chromebook, Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Recently added Smart Dock (Desktop Mode Launcher).
PrimeOS is easily one of the best Android OS for PC to use in 2022. The simple yet elegant look of this OS is what’s the best part of this OS. And the best thing is that it comes with DecaPro which is one of the best mapping tools you will ever see. It helps you in controlling your mouse and keyboard in the best possible manner. Check out the latest guide here on How to Install Prime OS For Android. Those who want the latest version of Android OS for PC should look elsewhere.
- Multiple features to give a desktop experience like a start menu, taskbar, etc.
- Has Multi-window support with maximize, minimize, close, resize, etc.
- Option to disable multi-window for any app in case you need it.
- Decapro key mapping tool to play games with keyboard and mouse (Press F12).
- Opengapps included, no need to install them manually.
- The feedback app is available to share your thoughts/recommendations.
- Up-streamed kernel to google LTS Linux 4.9.x.
Next up, we have ChromeOS and if you are not really a tech-savvy person and want a minimalist OS that could bring all the Android apps to your desktop then this is the one for you. You will generally find this on top-end Chromebooks but you can still have it on your PC. Even though you might not be able to get it directly, Neverware is a company that has been able to bring forward the project and install the operating system named Cloud Ready. The base of this OS is Chromium. But there is no difference between the Chrome OS by Google and the Company.
If you want to enjoy the latest features offered by Chrome OS, then you will have to download Chrome OS. In its latest release, Google has offered an extension manifest, ad blocking optimization, better privacy, and performance improvements.
This OS gets regular updates from Google and it is quite good if you mostly use the browser on your PC.
- Support for both x86 and ARM architectures.
- Ability to share Wi-Fi passwords using the Nearby Share feature.
- Fast Pair allows users to quickly connect to compatible Bluetooth devices.
- Users can now view their Android Phone Camera roll in the hub as well.
- Supports Microsoft Office for offline editing as well as Office 365 for online editing.
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- A high-speed browser that can run on ARM and ATOM processors as well.
Also Read: Difference Between Chrome OS and Android OS
We have already discussed the highly popular Chrome OS up above in this list. It is a great way to enjoy Chromium as well as Android apps within a single operating system. Although, if you want similar functionality but in a different operating system, then you can go with the Fyde Android OS. Formerly known as FlintOS It is one of the latest Android OS for PC with Playstore options that originated in China. While it is primarily made with students in mind, you can even use this OS for office work thanks to the support for applications like MS Office. Even though there is no Google Play Support with this one, you can still sideload any Android app of your choice using its APK file if needed.
Unfortunately, if you have a 32-bit computer, then you will not be able to use Fyde OS as of right now. As for 64-bit computer users, they can expect a smooth computing experience in Fyde Android OS whether they are using Chromium or Android apps.
- This OS Runs Chrome Extensions, Android, and Linux Apps.
- Undisrupted updates mean FydeOS updates completely in the background.
- Work Offline & Sync your progress when you are reconnected to the internet.
- Supports 64-bit computers with multiboot.
- Web browsing capabilities and full Android app support.
- Lightweight Android operating system based on Chromium OS.
- Linux Kernal is 5.4 with 8th, 9th, and 10th gen processor support.
While it might not be the same as other options present above, Bluestacks is still a great way to run Android apps on your computer. Hence, it can be a great option if you are looking for a high-performance Android OS for PC with PlayStore. Bluestacks allows you to run Android applications on your computer as it is an emulator that can simply run a virtual Android device on your computer. Here, you can install any Android app or game of your choice. While you can run most apps using it, Bluestacks got popular for its ability to smoothly run Android games. In fact, it even allows you to remap keys to any game function.
Those of you who like to switch between games, again and again, will be glad to know that it can run multiple Android games at the same time. And if you want to make YouTube videos, you will even find a game recording feature in Bluestacks which is missing in many other best Android OS for PC options.
- Has Built-in Google Play Store.
- High FPS Mode helps you ensure the best performance.
- Real-time translation, Multi-sync, and ECO-Mode Support.
- Supports Video Recording and Screenshots.
- Inbuild Disk-Cleanup Utility helps you manage your PC's storage Space.
- Drag & Drop image sharing feature.
- One of the Best Android Emulators with hassle-free APK installation.
- Experience Device Exclusive games by using the Change of Device Profile feature.
Also Read: Is Bluestacks Safe for MAC & Windows?
Android X86 Project
If you are looking for a lightweight Android OS then Android x86 OS for PC is the best choice for you. It is an open-source application licensed under Apache Public License 2.0. The existence of this OS started in the Android Source Code, but then, later on, it graduated to being an operating system on its own rather than being dependent. It has been designed to run on the kind of devices that have AMD and Intel x86 processors. It is very similar to the original version of Android, which is the reason why it can be downloaded and installed with ease. A one-click download option, which comes, gets fixed in a jiffy.
Since Android x86 is already highly stable, it does not need any bug fixes. Thankfully, you still get frequent updates to ensure that you are running the latest Android or custom ROM version which happens to be the CM14.1 for the latest release of Android x86.
- Support both 64-bit and 32-bit system kernel and userspace.
- Also Support Multi-touch, Audio, Wifi, Bluetooth, Sensors, Camera, and Ethernet
- Runs on PCs and laptops and can empower older or low-end devices (32-bit).
- This OS Can be used without Google Accounts, Play Store, and Services.
- Auto-mount external USB drive and SDcard.
- This Operating System is Based on Lineage Android OS.
This is another one of the best Android OS For PC, which was brought into existence with the help of a Chinese company, and once it started working it was competing at breakneck speed with the Remix OS. Like all the other OS, it has been able to provide some cool and unusual android applications, and the user interface is pretty easy as well which makes it such a simplified system. Unlike other Android OS options out there, Phoenix OS has not been updated for quite some time as it is still running Android 7.1 with Phoenix OS X86 v3.6.1 which means you get limited features.
- Desktop, Multi-windows, Mouse, and Keyboard Support.
- The android-based OS runs on devices with Intel and other x86-based processors.
- It comes with Microsoft Office Suite for Free.
- Supports File Category, LAN-Access, and Universal Search.
- Built-in File Manager with Mouse Support, Drag, and Drops Cross-Windows.
Also Read: Phoenix OS For PUBG
Next up we have Lineage OS, which gained a lot of popularity over recent years. It was primarily created during the session of Marshmallow android version 6 and is also running on version 15.1 as of now. It has some cool features like fast installation and a better interface which makes it so popular. Once you install the latest version of Lineage OS 17.1, you will be greeted by an all-new user interface along with various other improvements. And the best part about LineageOS is that it supports even some of the oldest devices like Galaxy S II, Moto Z3 Play, Nexus 7 2013, and Galaxy Tab S6 Lite making it highly versatile.
- Support for USB tethering, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth.
- Comes with a Lockscreen for extra security.
- Extended Access Point Name (APN) list.
- Performance enhancements, including CPU Overclock.
- FLAC Audio Codec Support.
- Inbuild OpenVPN client.
- Gets regular updates.
- Provides a complete Android experience.
Nox Player can be another great android OS option that is quite similar to Bluestacks in terms of functionality. And hence, you can try it out if you also wish to play Android games right on your computer. One of the best things about Nox Player is that it is another highly versatile and compatible option. This is due to the reason that you get the support for both 32-bit and 64-bit systems which allows you to run Nox Player on almost any computer of your choice. Just like the Bluestacks emulator, Nox Player also offers a key mapping function to the user. You can use this function irrespective of your input method since it works for both keyboards and gaming controllers.
- Supports multi-instances to run multiple games or apps simultaneously.
- The quality gaming experience on PC with keyboard, mouse, and gamepad support.
- Macro recorder automates tasks with a single click.
- The Keymapping feature helps you to set and configure the keyboard’s keys as you wish to.
- Also supports Gamepads and Controllers in games that have support for them.
If you want to get a great Android experience right on your PC then you can definitely try OpenThos. It is a free and open-source Android OS that works great on a 64-bit computer. It is incredibly amazing and has excellent navigation as well as a user interface. It is easy to install and is one of the most popular Android operating systems as well. Unfortunately, Openthos’ website is no more functional which can be quite an issue if you want all the latest updates. Instead, you have to get them from their GitHub repository which is not the most user-friendly way of getting updates.
- Multi-window Manager, Task Manager, File Explorer, And More.
- Integrated Cloud Services For Real-time, Multi-version Cloud Synchronization Backups Of Data.
- Perfectly Works With Other Devices Wear, Phones, And Other Smart Devices Based On Android.
- Lightweight Native GUI which Comes With Pre-installed Apps.
- Full Disk Encryption And Biometrics Included.
- This Is A Free, Open-source Android Os Based On Android-x86.
We have yet another Android OS for PC named Genymotion that is a great alternative to both Bluestacks and Nox Player mentioned previously. It is considered one of the most powerful and versatile Android OS for PC options out there. With Genymotion, you get high-definition resolution support so that you can get the same picture quality as you would expect from your smartphone. While this emulator can be used for gaming, it is ideal for users who wish to test out applications and their performance on Android. You get a secure virtual environment in Genymotion that can be used to run any application of your choice. And with the help of its various monitors, you can check all of the background performance numbers. And being a testing tool, it allows you to record the screen as well as your webcam at the same time with ease.
- Offers the ability to test your App under different Battery Conditions.
- Easily Sets the front and back cameras of the virtual device.
- Get Unlimited Devices Support.
- Could Based Software enables you to take control of a virtual device from another physical device.
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- This Android OS Can Run on Low-End PCs as well.
Next up we have Remix Android OS for PC and it has been created by the JIDE. JIDE company created this OS at the beginning of the year 2016, and it was specifically built so that PC holders could have a fantastic experience while working with the applications though it lags behind a bit because it has only the Intel-based Computer. It has been used by many, and even if this is continued, for now, amendments are being made to make it one of the best, and it has a lot of reputation in the dimension of Android OS. Even though Remix OS has not gotten any major updates, it keeps getting smaller ones. For example, its latest update added support for Never Sleep along with various bug fixes and performance optimizations for a better overall experience. The software is now not available officially but you can find the repository on GitHub.
- Easy-to-use Interface
- Built-in RAM management software.
- Support for OTA updates.
- Right0side verticle notification bar (same as Mac OS X).
- Compatible with Microsoft Office Android Version.
- Compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit PCs.
- This android OS Works on low-end PCs as well.
Fuchsia OS is a new open-source operating system being developed by Google. It has been designed from the ground up to be fast, reliable, and secure. It is based on a custom kernel called Zircon, which is designed for modern devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops. Fuchsia OS is still in its early stages of development but it shows promise as a potential replacement for Android or Chrome OS.
One of the key features of Fuchsia OS is its support for multiple form factors. It can run on both smartphones and tablets as well as laptops and desktops. Many reports are also saying that Fuchsia OS will run Android and Linux apps. Fuchsia OS is still in development and is not yet available for use. However, it is possible to download and install a preview version on a number of devices including the Google Pixelbook. This will give you a chance to try out the operating system and see how it works.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which one is the best Android OS for low-end PCs?
Genymotion, Nox App Player, Remix OS for PC, Android x86 OS for PC, and PrimeOS are the best Android OS for low-end PCs.
Is it safe to run Andoird OS on my PC?
Yes, it is safe to run Android OS on your PC.
What is the fastest OS for Android on low end PC?
Bluestacks and PrimeOS are the fastest OS for android for PC computers.
Can Android x86 run on 64 bit?
Yes! Android-x86 OS project & Remix os for Android offers compatible ISO images for both 64-bit and 32-bit computer systems.
Can Android OS replace Windows?
No, it can’t replace Windows and you should only run these Android OS on your PCs virtually.
Will installing Android OS On a PC create issues?
Basically, the android desktop operating system will not give the same experience that the original desktop has been giving. So, it must be run using virtual machines or some emulators using VMware in an extraordinary manner.
Android OS has come a long way since it was first released in 2008. There are now 13 different Android OS for PC that you can choose from, each with its own set of features and benefits. So what are you waiting for? Test out each one of these best Android OS for PC and see which one works best for you and your needs. And if we missed any great Android Operating systems, be sure to let us know about them in the comments!