How To Connect PS4 To Laptop Using HDMI Cable??? Playing on the PS4 console could be quite entertaining for most of us. High graphical games with massive gameplay give us the best enjoyment in our leisure time. Nowadays, we could find lots of games for the PS4 console across all the genres. Now, you also have the option of playing the PS4 games on a Laptop. It is not possible to connect the PS4 to a Laptop Screen directly. The main reason is that the HDMI port or the High Definition Multimedia Interface will be unidirectional so that it would take only output or input.
PS4 is specially equipped with the advanced HDMI port in the console, but this doesn’t mean that it could be connected directly to the Laptop for playing the games. Even though it could be quite a tricky process; it is essential to have specific requirements. Gameplay needs to be displayed on the Laptop with the video output so that it is a more versatile option for getting the PS4 gameplay on your Playstation.
How To Connect PS4 To Laptop Using HDMI Cable
HDMI is unidirectional, and HDMI does not have a 2-way connection. The HDMI Port in the Laptop mainly has the output port, and the HDMI Port on the PS4 also has the output port. For connecting the PS4 to the Laptop, it is important to have the video input with the HDMI input in a Laptop. Therefore, it is quite a tricky process for connecting the PS4 to a normal Laptop.
HDMI port on PS4 and HDMI port on Laptop is output port. When you intend to play the PlayStation-4 games with the use of the Laptop screen instead of the LED TV screen, then it is important to have certain requirements fulfilled. Connecting the PS4 directly to your Laptop is not viable as HDMI is unidirectional and would take either output or input. In fact, these HDMI ports would only display the contents on the PS4 to the external Laptop screen.
The main functional requirement is that the PS4 needs to have the video output HDMI port, and the Laptop requires having the video input HDMI port.
What Are Functional Requirements?
When you like to use the Laptop screen for playing the PS4 games, then you only require the female DVI-D male video adapter along DVI cable. Therefore, it is easier to get the video from the PS4 and then useful for playing it on the Laptop for handling the on-screen. You could also connect the audio to the speaker. Below are some of the most important requirements to connect PS4 to Laptop using an HDMI cable
- HDMI with dual-functioning
- Dual Shock remote Controller
- Internet Connectivity
- Micro-USB Cable
Can I use my laptop as a monitor for my PS4? yes, you can!. These are the most important requirements for connecting the PS4 to the Laptop screen. For getting the external sound systems, it is a much more efficient option for adjusting the sound settings on the PS4 along with the settings. It is also a convenient option for adjusting the complete sound settings as well as audio outputs settings for reflecting the speakers. Normally, a single HDMI port only has a single output port. When you have the Laptop having the 2 way HDMI ports having the input and outputs, then it would be easier to connect them.
Also Read: What Is A Good Ping Speed.
How To Take Input Via HDMI Cable To Your Laptop?
With the advancement in the USB ports as well as the popularity of people using it for various purposes, connectivity and communication with other devices become easier. Laptops mainly have different ports for input and outputs. HDMI is one of the standard interfaces for audio/video, and it helps in transferring uncompressed data. HDMI especially superseded the Video Graphic Array or VGA as well as Digital Visual Interface or DVI connectors. The interface will be activated on a Laptop for installation in the operating system for transferring the viable audio and video aspects. With the use of a Video Capture Card, it is a much more significant option.
- Activate file sharing feature
- Go to Settings on the PS4 Menu
- Click Network Settings
- Choose Internet Connection Settings
- Click your router
- Connect Video Capture Card via USB port or S-video connection
- Connect PS4 console onto Video Capture Card with S-video connection cable
- Now Connect HDMI-IN in Video Capture Card
- The next step is to Connect HDMI-OUT in PS4
Finally, turn the console on and run the Video Capture Card software on your computer. You will see your console appearing on the screen.
You can now play PS4 on laptop with HDMI Cable using the Video Capture Card.
Also Read: Best PS4 Emulator for PC
Changing the state-of-the-art sound quality, along with picture quality, becomes much easier for getting a better gaming experience. It is more viable for handling any complexities and connecting these devices to the Laptop by enabling the output for gaming consoles. Laptops have a dedicated input port in the HDMI, and it would plug the cable on the port at the console. It is also a much easier option for connecting Sony’s Remote Play with a Laptop for playing the PS4 games on its screen. Now you could easily stream the PS4 gameplay on Windows or Mac on the Laptop. With the use of this application, it is much easier to get the immersive PlayStation gaming options.
- Access the Sony Remote Play app
- Download and install the latest version Sony Remote Play app
- Stream your gameplay on your Laptop screen
- Check the installer and Run it
- Connect your PS4
- Click Settings
- Go to PlayStation Network settings
- Click Account Management
- Choose Activate as Primary PS4
- Update your PS4 software
- Now click the Remote Play option on your PS4 settings
- Allow Remote Play access to the games via network
- Start Rest Mode on PS4
- Click settings and then access Power Save Settings
- Set Rest Mode in the features available
- Switch On the Remote Play app on your Laptop
- Change your preferred resolution (1080p or 720p) and frames per seconds on the Remote Play
- Now connect the DUALSHOCK 4 Controller using a USB cable
- Click Share on the Controller which is circular PlayStation buttons
- Connect the USB adapter on Laptop
- Pair your Controller with pushing the hold button at least 3 to 4 seconds
- Click the Start option on the Remote Play app on your Laptop
- Log in to PlayStation Network
- Click the start button
- Remote Play app searches for PS4 located in your network
- Access the Home screen of the PS4
- Start Playing the games on your PS4
Also Read: How to Connect Two Monitors to a Laptop
What to Do If Remote Play Does not Work?
If you want to connect your PS4 to the laptop using HDMI cable, then Sony’s Remote Play feature offered in the PlayStation is considered to be the best. Not only do you get high-quality gameplay on your laptop, but there is almost no lag either. Unfortunately, some users have reported issues where Remote Play is not working. And as you would expect, if it is not working anymore, connecting your PS4 to your laptop can be quite difficult.
Thankfully, there are some fixes and methods that you can try out on your laptop to overcome this issue. By going through these fixes one by one, you can hopefully fix Remote Play and connect Ps4 to laptop using HDMI cable:
- Check your Internet Speed: Those of you who are familiar with PlayStation and its functions will know that it uses your internet connection for the Remote Play feature. While it works just fine, for the most part, it may have issues if your not internet connection is not fast enough. Hence, you should first check your current internet speed. You can simply open fast.com on any device of your choice and check your current maximum internet speed. Sony recommends its Playstation users to have a minimum internet connection speed of 5 Mbps. So, if your internet speed is not between the 5 Mbps and 10 Mbps range, you should contact your ISP to get a faster internet plan. In case you are using a wireless WiFi network on your PS4, then that can also cause low internet speed issues. Hence, make sure that there are not many obstacles between your WiFi router and your PS4. Even if all these fixes do not improve your connection speed, then you can try lowering the resolution and frame rate offered by your Playstation for a smoother gameplay experience.
- Use a powerful enough Laptop: Apart from having a fast internet connection and a stable wireless network in your home, your laptop should also be powerful enough that it can support the PlayStation Remote Play feature. Thankfully, Sony has given a simple minimum requirements list which you can refer to and make sure that your laptop is powerful enough to stream PlayStation games.
- Adjust Remote Usage Settings on PS4: Those of you who are using the Remote Play function on your PlayStation for the first time might be using the out-of-the-box settings. While these settings may work in a few cases, they are not ideal if you want the best performance while playing PS4 games on your laptop using an HDMI cable. To ensure that the settings are correct, open Settings > Remote Usage Connection Settings on your PS4 and simply make sure that the Enable Remote Usage option is turned on. After that head over to Settings > Account Management > Activate your PS4 as the Primary option and enable it. Once this is done, your PS4 will have the optimum settings and configurations for getting the best performance while using Remote Play.
- Register PS4 on your PC Manually: When you load the Remote Play feature on your PS4, it automatically detects your computer or laptop and starts game streaming right away. But, in a few cases, this automatic detection might not work. In that case, you have to go to the Settings> Remote Usage Connection Settings>Add Device option on your PS4. Once you are here, you will see a code on your screen that you have to enter in your laptop and select the Register option to connect your PS4 and laptop and start playing all your favorite games.
Connecting the HDMI cable into Laptop could be easier for displaying output screening, and it is an efficient option for getting the gameplay on your Laptop. By following the above steps, you can easily connect PS4 to Laptop using HDMI Cable.