How To Connect PS4 To Laptop Using HDMI Cable??? Playing in the PS4 console could be quite an entertainment for most of us. High graphical games with massive gameplay give us the best enjoyment in our leisure time. Nowadays, we could find lots of games for the PS4 console across all the genres. Now, you also have the option of playing the PS4 games on a Laptop. It is not possible to connect the PS4 to a Laptop Screen directly. The main reason is that the HDMI port or the High Definition Multimedia Interface will be unidirectional so that it would take only output or input.
PS4 is specially equipped with the advanced HDMI port in the console, but this doesn’t mean that it could be connected directly to the Laptop for playing the games. Even though it could be quite a tricky process; it is essential to have specific requirements. Gameplay needs to be displayed on the Laptop with the video output so that it is more option for getting the instant solution.
How To Connect PS4 To Laptop Using HDMI Cable
HDMI is unidirectional, and HDMI does not have a 2-way connection. The HDMI Port in the Laptop mainly has the output port, and the HDMI Port on the PS4 also has the output port. For connecting the PS4 to the Laptop, it is important to have the video input with the HDMI input in a Laptop. Therefore, it is quite a tricky process for connecting the PS4 to a normal Laptop.
HDMI port on PS4 and HDMI port on Laptop is output port. When you intend to play the Play Station-4 games with the use of the Laptop screen instead of the LED TV screen, then it is important to have certain requirements fulfilled. Connecting the PS4 directly to your Laptop is not viable as HDMI is unidirectional would take either output or input. In fact, these HDMI port would only display the contents on the PS4 to the external Laptop screen.
The main functional requirement is that the PS4 needs to have the video output HDMI port, and the Laptop requires having the video input HDMI port.
What Are Functional Requirements?
When you like to use the Laptop screen for playing the PS4 games, then you only require the female DVI-D male video adapter along DVI cable. Therefore, it is easier to get the video from the PS4 and then useful for playing it on the Laptop for handling the on-screen. You could also connect the audio to the speaker. Below are some of the most important requirements to connect PS4 to Laptop using an HDMI cable
- HDMI with dual-functioning
- Dual Shock remote Controller
- Internet Connectivity
- Micro-USB Cable
These are the most important requirements for connecting the PS4 to the Laptop screen. For getting the external sound systems, it is a much more efficient option for adjusting the sound settings on the PS4 along with the settings. It is also a convenient option for adjusting the complete sound settings as well as audio outputs settings for reflecting the speakers. Normally, a single HDMI port only has a single output port. When you have the Laptop having the 2 way HDMI ports having the input and outputs, then it would be easier to connect them.
Also Read: What Is A Good Ping Speed.
How To Take Input Via HDMI Cable To Your Laptop?
With the advancement in the USB ports as well as the popularity of people using it for various purposes, connectivity and communication with other devices become easier. Laptops mainly have different ports for input and outputs. HDMI is one of the standard interfaces for audio/video, and it helps in transferring the uncompressed data. HDMI especially superseded the Video Graphic Array or VGA as well as Digital Visual Interface or DVI connectors. The interface will be activated on a Laptop for installation in the operating system for transferring the viable audio and video aspects. With the use of Video Capture Card, it is a much more significant option.
- Activate file sharing feature
- Go to Settings on the PS4 Menu
- Click Network Settings
- Choose Internet Connection Settings
- Click your router
- Connect Video Capture Card via USB port or S-video connection
- Connect PS4 console onto Video Capture Card with S-video connection cable
- Now Connect HDMI-IN in Video Capture Card
- Next step is Connect HDMI-OUT in PS4
- Open the application software on the capture card
- Search PS4 connection on screen
- Change the resolution on the display
- Configure your Laptop for streaming the gameplay on PS4
Changing the state of the art sound quality, along with picture quality, becomes much easier for getting better gaming experience. It is more viable for handling any complexities and connecting these devices to the Laptop by enabling the output for gaming consoles. Laptops have a dedicated input port in the HDMI, and it would plug the cable on port at the console. It is also a much easier option for connecting Sony’s Remote Play with a Laptop for playing the PS4 games on its screen. Now you could easily stream the PS4 gameplay on the Windows or Mac on the Laptop. With the use of this application, it is much easier to get the immersive PlayStation gaming options.
- Access the Sony Remote Play app
- Download and install latest version Sony Remote Play app
- Stream your gameplay on your Laptop screen
- Check the installer and Run it
- Connect your PS4
- Click Settings
- Go to PlayStation Network settings
- Click Account Management
- Choose Activate as Primary PS4
- Update your PS4 software
- Now click Remote Play option on your PS4 settings
- Allow Remote Play access to the games via network
- Start Rest Mode on PS4
- Click settings and then access Power Save Settings
- Set Rest Mode in the features available
- Switch On the Remote Play app on your Laptop
- Change your preferred resolution (1080p or 720p) and frames per seconds on the Remote Play
- Now connect the DUALSHOCK 4 Controller using a USB cable
- Click Share on the Controller which is circular PlayStation buttons
- Connect the USB adapter on Laptop
- Pair your Controller with pushing the hold button at least 3 to 4 seconds
- Click Start option on the Remote Play app in your Laptop
- Log-in to PlayStation Network
- Click the start button
- Remote Play app searches for PS4 located in your network
- Access the Home screen of the PS4
- Start Playing the games on your PS4
Connecting the HDMI cable into Laptop could be easier for displaying output screening, and it is an efficient option for getting the gameplay on your Laptop. With following the above steps, you can easily connect PS4 to Laptop using HDMI Cable.