Wondering about How to Track Lost Mobile With IMEI Number? A smartphone is considered among the most important devices that people use on a daily basis. Apart from making phone calls, you can also take photos, browse the internet, listen to music, and use a wide range of apps on modern smartphones. Because of these reasons, everyone takes their smartphones with them everywhere they go. With the thin and light design of most modern smartphones, they are also highly portable and easy to take everywhere you go.
Although, because of this, people also end up losing their smartphones in a lot of cases. Similarly, smartphones can also get stolen in some cases which makes tracking your smartphone quite important. Thankfully, you can easily track modern mobile phones using their IMEI number. This can be handy if your phone goes missing or gets stolen. If you have also lost your phone, then we are here to tell you how to track lost mobile using IMEI number. You can check all of the related details by going through this article until the end.
What is the IMEI Number of Mobile Phones?
Just like people have unique fingerprints, mobiles also offer a unique identification method in the form of its 15 digit IMEI number. All mobiles have a specific IMEI or IMEI International Mobile Equipment Identity number. You can use this to uniquely identify the vast number of smartphone models being sold in the market. This simply means that no two mobiles out there can have the same phone IMEI numbers.
Apart from uniquely identifying smartphones, you can also use the IMEI number of a given phone to track it when needed. This can be handy if you happen to get your smartphone stolen or when it gets lost. Another great thing about the IMEI number of your phone is that you can even block it.
For example, if your device is lost, you can simply contact your service provider to block your phone IMEI number. Once you contact them, the given phone will not be able to place any phone calls, receive any phone calls, or even send or receive any text messages. Thus, even if your phone is missing, others will not be able to use it once you have blocked its IMEI number using the service provider contact. Even if they insert a new SIM card, the phone will simply stop working. Providers are able to block smartphones using the IMEI identity certificate for your phone.
How to Check your Mobile Phone’s IMEI Number?
Now that you know the importance of your mobile phone’s IMEI number, you might want to check it. One of the easiest ways to see the IMEI number of your mobile phone is to simply look at the box of your mobile phone. But, this might not be possible if you do not have your mobile phone’s box anymore.
In that case, you have to find the IMEI number of your device within its operating system. You can do it by using the dialer or the phone call app and entering a specific phone number. You can find your mobile phone’s IMEI number by simply following these instructions:
- First, open the dialer app on your iPhone or Android phone which is important for checking the IMEI number of your smartphone. This works on all mobile phones whether it is an Android one or an iOS one.
- Here, type “*#06#” without the quotes which will automatically show you the IMEI number of your smartphone. If you have a dual sim smartphone, then it will show you two different IMEI phone numbers.
- While this method works for most, you can also check the IMEI number of your phone from the Settings app.
- If you are using an iPhone, then go to the Settings app and head over to the General section. Here, open the About menu where you can find the IMEI number.
- Those of you who are using an Android phone can open the Settings app and go to the About Phone section. You can then scroll down to find the IMEI number directly.
- Some mobile phones can also have the IMEI number mentioned on the back or under the battery.
How to Track Lost Mobile Phone Location via IMEI Number Tracker App?
Once you have checked the IMEI number of your smartphone, make sure to note it down. You will need it later on to track your lost cell phone. As for the tracking method, it can be done using one of the various IMEI tracker apps out there. These IMEI tracker apps are available for both Android as well as iOS smartphones. For this tutorial, we will be using one of the most popular IMEI tracking apps available for Android smartphones. You can use it to easily track your lost or stolen phone and its location using its IMEI number as shown here:
- To start, open the Google Play Store on your Android mobile device. Here, search for IMEI Tracker App Find My Device and open the app page.
- Then, simply download and install this tracking app on your Android smartphone.
- Once installed, open the app and allow all of the required permissions so that it can work properly.
- After that, enter a few trustable mobile numbers which should be the phone numbers of your family members and close friends. This is important as the app will inform these contacts if you ever lose your phone.
- Now, enter the IMEI number of your lost phone so that it starts tracking its location. Once it finds your smartphone, it will directly show you the live GPS location of your lost cell phone.
Can you Track your Lost Cell Phone or Stolen Phone without its IMEI Number?
If you have already lost your phone, then there is a very high chance that you do not have its IMEI number. This can be an even bigger issue if you do not have the phone’s box to check its IMEI number. Thankfully, most modern smartphones will allow you to still track a given cell phone without needing the IMEI. Both Android operating systems, as well as iOS operating systems, offer their own mobile tracking platforms.
How to Track lost Android Phone using IMEI number
Those of you who have an Android phone can follow these instructions to track your phone without its IMEI number:
- Step 1: In order to use Google’s Find My Device service, your Android phone must have a Google account signed into it.
- Step 2: If that is the case with your Android phone, then go to the Google Find My Device page. Then, sign in with the same Google account used on your Android device.
- Step 3: After signing in, you will see a list of all your Android devices that you can track.
- Step 4: In order to locate the real-time location of any of these, you can simply click on it which will show you its current GPS location. Find My Device also gives you the option to make your smartphone ring to easily find it. This is done using either mobile data or Wi-Fi.
Track iphone with IMEI Number
If you have an iPhone and want to locate its real-time location without the IMEI number, then you can follow these instructions:
- Step 1: Just like the Google Find My Device method, make sure that your iPhone has an Apple iCloud account logged into it if you want to find it.
- Step 2: In that case, open a web browser on your computer. Here, head over to the iCloud Find page and login with the same iCloud account to find your iPhone.
- Step 3: Then, simply click on your iPhone to locate it and check its real-time location to easily find it.
By following the instructions and details present in this article, tracking your lost phone using its IMEI number should be quite easy. You can do this quite easily with the help of IMEI number tracker apps available for modern smartphones. Even if you do not have the IMEI number of your cell phone, you can still track it in a few cases. If you have any tips or doubts regarding phone tracking via IMEI number, then feel free to post those in the comments section down below.