Is bluestacks safe? Bluestacks was designed for the masses in 2011. Since then, the app has been used by millions of people around the world. The designers wanted to develop an app that enhances smartphone gaming and gives consumers a new dimension in the gaming interface.
You will be stunned by the number of features embedded in the app. Besides, the app is free to use and can be downloaded and used on both Windows and macOS platforms. Using Bluestacks, popular games like PUBG MOBILE, Candy Crush, and COD can be played effortlessly.
Significance of Bluestacks for users on their devices
It is an android emulator enabling you to operate and function popular gaming apps on your Windows and MacBook PCs. We were delighted to know that renowned manufacturers like AMD, Qualcomm, Intel, and Samsung are partnering with Bluestacks in their projects.
Of late, few users are complaining about safety issues with Bluestacks. That is why, through this post, we wanted to enlighten our readers about the truth. Millions of users find it quite convenient, and the app enables them to work on tons of gaming apps.
Besides playing games, you can now efficiently work on your social media sites like Telegram, Discord, Facebook Messenger, Viber, and WhatsApp.
Is Bluestacks Safe to Use for Windows & Mac?
We all want to know the facts. Hence, we decided to do a little testing of our own. We tried to download the application on our devices. Our team instantly noticed that the anti-virus pointed out that Bluestacks is a virus.
A few users also agreed that malware detection on the tool is becoming a norm for no valid reason. They are probably programmed to pull out third-party apps as a threat; merely pointing out that Bluestacks is malware does not actually mean that it is so.
Not to mention, our tester found that the app is requesting to disable the anti-virus installed in the system. This could be another reason for worry among users. It is nothing because the makers want it to run and operate on your PC smoothly and effectively without causing any lags.
When you do not wish your anti-virus to point it out, then add it as a trusted program.
Why does anti-virus software alert you about Bluestacks?
At times, anti-virus monitors the moments on your device and block that attempt. This is a pretty standard action from it. If your anti-virus software thinks that the app behaves like a virus, it sends an alert.
That is normal. How you install the app on your PC can cause these alerts too. Let us find out how that happens.
- The main scenario could be when you are writing program files into the Windows folder.
- Another reason could be when you are writing the Windows registry.
- At times, you want to start or stop the installation process; then, your software might pop up with alerts.
- This is a common reason, re-booting your PC for no reason.
- At times, users tend to change the program's files, prompting the anti-virus software to issue an alert.
The above are some of the activities for malware. Even though you have installed the latest anti-virus software, they instantly point out that the application running is malware. This does not necessarily have to mean that Bluestacks is malware.
Additionally, you have to disable the anti-virus software for successfully installing it on your device. This tends to worry many users on whether Bluestacks is actually safe to use or not? Let us find out.
Installation of Bluestacks
One of the main reasons for anti-virus pointing out Bluestacks as malware probably may have to do with the way you have downloaded it. To help you out, we have given you a step-by-step guide below:
Installation on your Windows PC
- You may want to download the application from its official website, which is https://www.bluestacks.com/download.htm.
- For ensuring quick installation, you must have a fast internet connection.
- After the file has been downloaded, you need to click on, open the file.
- Click on the install option and choose the location likewise.
- After the installation is complete, you need to set up the initial process.
- You will need to create a new account if you do not have one.
Installation on your Mac PC
- Likewise, you need to download it from the official site, https://www.bluestacks.com/download.htm, and choose Mac on the operating system.
- You will need to double click on it after it has completed downloading.
- During the installation process, you might notice a system extension blocked popup. When that occurs, then choosing the open security privacy option and select allow.
- The installation will get over, and you can sign in for a new account if you do not have one.
We recommend that you work on an 8GB RAM minimum with sufficient storage space on your PC. It becomes an entirely different matter when you use the MacBook. You may want to run it as the administrator in the installation process.
Please remember to be logged in using your Google account when you want to access the play store. This is similar to setting up your Android device or your PC for the first time. Your Google account details would be asked at some point or the other.
You can connect to Bluestacks using your Google account. We see no harm in doing so. However, you may want to have another Google account just to log in to your Bluestacks, instead of using your primary Google account.
How can I trust Bluestacks?
Our tester performed the routine tests using both Windows and MacBook devices. He used their installation files and ran them on reputed anti-virus software, including Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, etc.
We are pleased to inform you that we did not notice any threats or unwanted surprises on the systems. We can assure you that it is safe to use on your Windows or MacBook device. However, during our research, we found several users complaining that Bluestacks has infected their devices.
To be on the safe side, you might want to take the necessary precautions and install the latest anti-virus tools on your systems. Besides, it is the right thing to do.
Image Credit: Bluestacks
If you have used an open-source app, then you would probably know that they are genuine and trustworthy. The founders or designers are not after your money but want to help gamers as a whole.
Though Google charges apps for play services, Bluestacks offers legit services. Please do note that using Nintendo and Gamecube may get you into trouble. They are termed, illegal emulators.
We also wanted to share full-proof methods of downloading and using Bluestacks on your device.
- Please make sure to download Bluestacks from a reliable website.
- Please avoid using unreliable devices and unclaimed techniques mentioned online.
- Please use apps only from the Google Play store.
Verdict – Is bluestacks safe? Should you trust it in 2022?
We see no reason why you cannot trust Bluestacks when more than 130 million users have downloaded it on their devices. Hope that this post enhanced your trust in Bluestacks. The next time you get a detection from your anti-virus, you know what to do.
Our verdict on whether is Bluestacks safe to use on devices in 2022 is a huge yes. We understand Bluestacks has earned your faith.
Also Read: How to Get SnapChat on PC without Bluestacks