YouTube is currently the largest video streaming service available on the internet. This means that you can use YouTube to essentially watch anything you want. However, this also means that there is some age-restricted content available on YouTube.
And by default, this content is restricted to all users to protect young audiences from any explicit content. But if you wish to watch an age-restricted video, it can be a little frustrating especially if your age is above 18. In that case, you may have to use some tricks to bypass YouTube age restrictions as we have given down below in this list.
How to Bypass YouTube Age Restriction?
While it is quite easy to bypass YouTube age restriction, it is unfortunately different for different platforms and devices. As a result, depending on the device that you are using to watch YouTube, you may have to use one of the following methods to bypass YouTube age restriction:
Bypassing YouTube Age Restriction on your Android Device
Right now, the majority of smartphones run on the Android operating system. And since a large part of YouTube viewers uses mobile devices to watch YouTube videos, the chances are that you are facing YouTube age restriction issues on your Android device. Fortunately, because Android is a highly versatile operating system, you can easily bypass the YouTube age restriction on your Android device as shown here:
- Start by opening the YouTube app on your Android device that you use to watch YouTube videos.
- Now, tap on the profile icon present in the upper right corner to open the Account Options in the YouTube App.
- Once you are here, scroll to the bottom and open the Settings menu of the YouTube app.
- After that, head over to the General section and find the Restricted Mode option by scrolling down.
- Finally, disable or turn off the Restricted Mode option in YouTube Settings. You can then restart the YouTube app after which the age restriction will be removed from your YouTube app.
In case you are not able to bypass YouTube age restriction by this method or you want something even easier, then you do the same by using the VLC Media Player for Android as given down below:
- You have to first go to the Google Play Store and install the VLC Media Player app on your smartphone.
- Now, open the VLC Media Play app and tap on the More option present in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Here, click on the New Stream option after which you have to simply enter the link of the YouTube video that you want to watch.
- Once you press enter, the selected YouTube video will start playing on your Android device even if it is age-restricted.
Bypassing YouTube Age Restriction on your iPhone
Apart from Android devices, a large number of smartphone users also use iPhones on a daily basis. And just like Android, iPhones or iOS devices can also have YouTube age restriction issues. This becomes an even bigger problem when YouTube accidentally flags a video as age-restricted even when it is completely safe to watch. Thankfully, similar to an Android device, bypassing the YouTube age restriction on your iPhone is fairly easy as described in these steps:
- First, head over to the YouTube app installed on your iPhone in which you are facing YouTube Age restriction issues.
- Now, similar to the Android app, tap on your profile icon located in the top right corner of your screen which will open the Account Options on your iPhone.
- Here, you have to scroll down to the bottom to find the Settings option of the YouTube app for iPhone.
- Once you are in the YouTube Settings menu, find the General menu and open it to locate the Restricted Mode option.
- After locating the restricted mode option, you have to simply Turn Off the Restricted Mode option. Once this is done, you can re-open the YouTube app on your iPhone to enjoy all videos without any age restrictions.
Bypassing YouTube Age Restriction on any PC
When compared to a smartphone, bypassing the YouTube age restriction on your PC is much easier and faster. Even though you can go to YouTube settings to disable restricted mode, there are much easier ways to do the same on your PC. This is due to the reason that there are third-party websites that will allow you to bypass the YouTube age restriction on PC.
One such great option is youtubensfw.com which allows you to play any YouTube video. Another viable option that you can use to bypass YouTube age restriction on your PC is the repeatyoutube.com website. It not only removes age restrictions from YouTube but also plays music videos on repeat mode without any breaks.
Bypassing YouTube Age Restriction on your Smart TV
Even though not a lot of people watch YouTube on their TVs, this number is currently increasing as more and more TVs are shipping with smart operating systems installed in them. And if you also have a smart TV at your home, the chances are that you would also want to bypass YouTube age restrictions on the same. In that case, you can simply go through these steps one by one:
- Begin by going to the YouTube app on your smart TV and make sure that you are logged in with the account that you primarily use.
- Now, head over to the Settings inside the YouTube app and locate the Restricted Mode option.
- Finally, select the Restricted Mode option and select Off from the pop-up window on your screen. Doing this will completely remove the YouTube age restriction from your smart TV.
Watch YouTube without any Age Restrictions
By going through all of these methods, you can easily bypass YouTube age restrictions on all of your devices irrespective of the platform that you are using. Whether it’s a smartphone based on Android or iOS, or it is a computer that you are using, by going through these methods, you can watch any YouTube video irrespective of your age.
If this guide helped you in bypassing the YouTube age restriction on your preferred device, then let us know your thoughts in the comments section down below.