How to Timestamp YouTube Comments in 2023
If you watch videos using the internet, then it is most likely that you are using YouTube for it. This is due to the reason that YouTube is highly popular. It has the largest video library out there consisting of all kinds of things. But if you go through a lot of long videos to learn something or to watch something specific, then finding the right part of a given YouTube video can be quite difficult.
Thankfully, YouTube offers a great feature called timestamps. It can be used to quickly get to a specific time or part of a given video. Either the viewer or the video uploader can easily add these timestamps in the comment box section. As you can save a lot of time using these, you might also want to timestamp a Youtube video. And we are here to show you how to timestamp YouTube comments on all kinds of devices via different methods that you can learn by going through this article until the end.
Also Read: Best YouTube Apps For Windows 10
- How to Mention Time in Youtube Comments
- How to Timestamp YouTube Comments
- How to Timestamp YouTube Description for YouTube Video Chapters?
- How to Create Timestamp Video Links?
- Can I timestamp a comment on YouTube without watching the entire video?
- Why would I want to timestamp a comment on YouTube?
- Is it possible to timestamp a comment on a live stream on YouTube?
How to Mention Time in Youtube Comments
In case you watch a lot of long YouTube videos like instructional guides or music mixes, then you might have noticed timestamp comments. These comments simply have a time mark or timestamp. It is given in blue color as it works as a link and you can click on it. For example, if there is a timestamp of 05:05 in the comment box of a given video, you can simply tap on it or click on it.
As soon as you do that, the YouTube video player will automatically start playing at 05:05. With YouTube’s latest update, it has merged timestamps in the descriptions. Thanks to this feature, the YouTube video simply gets divided into different chapters to easily and quickly go through it.
How to Timestamp YouTube Comments
Starting with creating Timestamp YouTube comments and using them, is quite easy to do so. You can do so on your smartphone as well as your desktop without any issues. Both of these platforms have the same method to do so. You can simply create timestamp comments by following these instructions:
How to put timestamp in Youtube Comment
- Opened a video of your choice
• Once you have opened a video of your choice, go to the point for which you want to create a time stamp.
- Note down the current time
• After pausing the video, note down the current time from the bottom left corner of the player screen.
- Type the time stamp in the comment
• Then, simply type the time stamp in the comment box using the hours minutes seconds, or HH:MM: SS format.
- Create a clickable youtube timestamp comment
• This will create a clickable timestamp comment which works on both desktops and smartphones.
How to Timestamp YouTube Description for YouTube Video Chapters?
Those of you who are YouTube creators can also add timestamp descriptions for your content. This Video Chapters feature was recently added by YouTube. It allows the viewer to easily go through the different sections of your content within the media player. The creator can simply add a timestamp YouTube description to automatically create video chapters as shown here:
- After opening YouTube.com on your computer, click on your profile picture in the upper right corner and select YouTube Studio.
- Here, go to the Videos section present in the left-hand send menu.
- Now, click on the pencil icon to open the details of the video for which you want to create timestamp descriptions.
- Then, simply create the timestamps of all the points you want to include in the chapters of the video. You can add these just like you would add them in the comment box. This means that you have to add them in the hours minutes seconds or HH:MM: SS format.
- Finally, click on the Save option in the upper right corner to save this timestamp YouTube description. Doing so will automatically create video chapters for your YouTube video.
How to Create Timestamp Video Links?
Apart from having timestamps in the comment box or the description of a given video, YouTube also supports creating timestamp video links. If you create a timestamp video link, it can be shared with anyone on any platform of your choice. When someone clicks on such a timestamp link, it takes them to a specific timestamp of the video. As a result, you do not have to tell someone to go to a specific time or part of a video manually. Instead, you can create timestamp video links by following these steps.
How to Create Timestamp Video Links on your Android/iOS Mobiles?
- If you are on a smartphone and want to timestamp videos but do not have access to a desktop can still create timestamp video links.
- You can do so by using the YouTube mobile app and opening any video of your choice.
- After this, go to the point in the video where you want to create a timestamp video link.
- For example, if you want to create a timestamp at 05:05, then convert this time into seconds. In this case, 05:05 is equal to 305 seconds which you need to note down.
- Once you have done this, tap on the Share button in the YouTube mobile app and select the “Copy Link” option.
- Now, go to any messaging or social media app of your choice where you want to share the timestamp video link.
- Here, paste the link that you had copied earlier. And at its end, type “t=XX” without the quotes. In the case of the 05:05 timestamp, you have to replace XX with 305 which we had calculated earlier.
- Finally, if someone clicks on this link, it will directly take them to 05:05 in that video.
With these details, you should be able to easily create timestamp comments, timestamp descriptions, and timestamp video links. You can do all of these things via your desktop or your mobile phone as per your choice. If you have any tips or doubts regarding timestamp YouTube comments, then feel free to post those in the comments section down below.
How to Create Timestamp Video Links on your Desktop?
- If you are on a desktop, then creating a timestamp video link is quite easy.
- You can simply open any video of your choice for which you want to create a timestamp video link.
- Then, go to the point in the video where you want to create a link.
- After that, right-click on the video player and select “Copy video URL at the current time.”
- Doing this will create a timestamp video link that ends with ?t=xx where xx stands for the timestamp in seconds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I timestamp a comment on YouTube without watching the entire video?
Yes, you can timestamp a comment without watching the entire video. The method is already explained in the above article.
Why would I want to timestamp a comment on YouTube?
Timestamping comments on YouTube provide a specific reference point within a video for other viewers. This can be useful when viewers want to refer to a specific section of the video, and it can help to provide context for comments made about the video.
Is it possible to timestamp a comment on a live stream on YouTube?
Yes, you can do that! When watching a live stream, click on the "Share" button located under the video. From there, you can select "Start at," and add your comment at the relevant timestamp.
It's possible to timestamp YouTube comments easily with the help of technology. Just pick the method that works best for you and start using it. Timestamping your comments will make it easier for you to reply quickly or cite another comment accurately. Now that you know how to do it, give it a try!
The uploader has not made this video available in your country [YouTube]
How to Watch Deleted YouTube Videos
How to Embed a Youtube Video into your Powerpoint Presentation