Vacation time is meant for enjoying the world – not being stressed out because of your slightly longer commute. On top of the already expensive hotel room, paying an extra fee to get connected to the internet has become more and more annoying.
There are many circumstances that require you to connect to the wireless internet at a hotel. If you have ever visited a hotel, you might know that many of them limit or even prohibit you from using their internet on your laptop or computer.
Moreover, while it is great to stay at a hotel with WiFi or find free WiFi while traveling, you may be interested in how to use your PlayStation 4 to connect to hotel WiFi. This way you can continue playing online games or watching Netflix through the hotel TV.
How To Connect PS4 To Hotel WiFi in 2024
To connect a PS4 console to your hotel's WiFi, you may need an HDMI cable, power cable, console, controller, and Wii username and password. Before you head out with your console, make sure you have all the essentials.
Through Internet Connection Setup
If you're staying at a hotel that offers a contactless check-in process, then you may not have had a chance to ask the front desk about connecting your device to the in-room entertainment system and Wi-Fi. Please make sure your Wi-Fi is working and that you have your Wi-Fi password handy. Then, follow these steps:
- Connect your PS4 to the hotel TV and turn it on. From the PS4 start-up screen, Press "X" to access the toolbox
- Next, from the Internet Connections area of the Internet Options dialog box, select “Set up an internet connection or network”
- If you find the custom setup to be too long or complicated, you can choose to use the Easy set-up option instead
- After you click OK, PS4 will try to connect to the network and prompt you for a password. When the settings are saved, it means that you're connected to the network.
- If you have an unstable internet connection, just click the Retry button. If you have an unstable internet connection and that doesn’t help, you should click “Details” to fill out the login information.
- You can also tap the option “Suggested Actions”. If it tells you the security of the page cannot be verified, just click on “Yes” and move on to the next page
- After you press the connect button, a screen will appear with the Wi-Fi sign-in details for your hotel. Type in the Wi-Fi details and then press connect
- Once you're connected to your console, press the Back button again to re-join the network. Test the Internet connection again to see if it still works.
And that’s it! Using the steps given above, you can easily connect your PS4 console to your hotel’s Wi-Fi network. Let us now look at several other methods that you can use to do the same. They come in handy when you have limited options available.
Connect PS4 to Hotel WiFi Using Custom Settings
If the Wi-Fi network of your hotel is hidden, you may want to connect it with your console manually using custom settings. Here are the required steps you have to follow to connect your PS4 with hotel Wi-Fi using custom settings:
- When the console asks you to select a network, pick the “Set Up Internet Connection” option to use Wi-Fi. Choose “Custom” instead of “Easy” to proceed
- Choose the hotel Wi-Fi network from the list of available networks and enter your password
- Then, enter the following configuration:
Once you’ve filled in the required information, choose the next button and check whether the internet connection is working or not. In case it still doesn’t work, consider checking out the alternative method given below.
Connect PS4 to Hotel Wifi Via a Third-Party Hotspot
It's possible for guests to connect to the internet at their hotel using a third-party internet hotspot if they are traveling with a smartphone or laptop. The most common way to do this is with a free virtual router app. Here’s a quick rundown of the required steps:
- You need to connect the PS4 console to the TV and then turn on the PS4 console
- Make sure to have your wireless network's SSID and password available so you can connect immediately
- Using a virtual router software, direct the hotel’s internet-connected to your computer or laptop to your console
With these simple steps, you will be able to connect your PS4 to the hotel’s Wi-Fi network, even when nothing else seems to work. Therefore, make sure you consider trying all the aforementioned methods and determine which one works for you.
Connect PS4 to Hotel WiFi With Ethernet/ LAN Cables
Some hotels allow guests to connect to the internet using an ethernet cord, which often looks like a phone cable. Here is how you connect it:
- Locate the Ethernet port on your console and connect one end of the cable to it
- Similarly, connect the other end of the ethernet cable to the router or any extension provided
Once both the ends are connected, you may check if your internet connection started working. Let’s proceed further with another method to connect your PS4 with a hotel Wi-Fi network.
If you want to play your favorite games when you’re staying at a hotel, you will need to connect your PS4 to the hotel Wi-Fi. While you could easily use cellular data, it can be extremely expensive especially if you’re traveling abroad. This is why we demonstrated to you how to set up your PlayStation 4 so that they are connected to the hotel Wi-Fi network.
How To Connect PS4 To Laptop Using HDMI Cable
PS4 Emulator for PC
How To Fix PS4 Controller Flashing Blue
How to Turn Off PS4 Without Controller
How To Connect Ps5 Controller To Ps4
How to Play PS4 Games Without Disc?