What are the Best Quilting Design App? Quilting is a form of art that needs good learning before you become perfect at it. It is a skill that can be done by anyone but needs patience and precision. A person must have an eye for creativeness and voila! You will see them create the best and most beautiful quilts.
Quilts are no longer considered as a patchwork done to just save your material but today it has become a kind of trend wherein everyone's learning quilting because it is in “fashion” and to be honest a good quilter can make any normal thing look unique and stylish.
To learn this skill and be excellent at it, you can download much the best quilting design app available on android to have a happy quilting session at your home.
Below, we have mentioned 9 quilting design apps on play store that will help you master this form of art.
1. Quilting Calculators
One of the best and most popular quilting design apps on android is Quilting Calculator. With over 100K downloads and boasting a rating of 4.7 stars, this app has become people’s favorite since it was released back in 2011. The app offers you, calculators, with the US and metric measurements. It is designed by expert quilters that provide you with the right tools which can be used easily and figure out how much fabric is required for a different type of techniques/areas like the borders, Backing, Square-in-a-square, Battling, Corner triangles, and set-in.
This quilting design app has 8 quilting calculators:
- Piece Count Calculator,
- Fabric Measurement Converter,
- Backing and Battling Calculator,
- Pieces to Yardage Area Calculator,
- Border Calculator,
- Binding Calculator,
- Square-in-a-square calculator,
- Set-in and Corner Triangle Calculator.
Also Read: Best Poem Writing Apps
2. Quilting Tutorials by MSQC
Quilting Tutorial by Missouri Star Quilt Company is a free quilting app on the play store with many free tutorials available. This free quilting design app from Jenny Doan of the Missouri Star Quilt Company is loved by many and downloaded by more than 50,000+ people on android (Playstore). The app offers hundreds of quilt patterns and designs that you can choose from no matter if you are a beginner or an expert in it. Sewing becomes fun when you learn from this particular application.
Few fun facts about Quilting Tutorials by MSQC
- There are new tutorials always updated and the download is 100% free.
- Along with this, the app is also selling the world's biggest choice of precut fabrics at very low prices.
- The daily deals are almost 30%-100% off!
So once you have downloaded the app, head over to their website which is www.missouriquiltco.com, and attains the best deals online.
3. Quilt Cat
Quilt Cat is not like your ordinary quilting app which you find online. This app will teach you in a very distinctive manner. It is highly recommended for beginners as well as people looking for easy quilting techniques because here you do not need to do the math while cutting fabrics. This quilting design app is computerized in such a manner that you just have to make your drawing and the calculations are done by the app automatically.
Few fun facts about Quilt Cat
- You can also fabricate your own blocks and store them in catalogues.
- There are innumerable ready-made designs to make your work easy.
- This app was released almost a year ago in April 2019 but since then it has gained popularity and acquired almost 10,000+ downloads on the play store.
Also Read: Best Voice Changer Apps
Quiltspace is a very unique app. Very true to its name, this app is a space for all the passionate quilters to come together and form a community to teach one other. This quilting design app is a place where you can connect to people from anywhere in the world and start a video conference and learn everything there is about quilting. There are also quilting workshops held from time to time for the viewers to master this art.
Few fun facts about Quiltspace
- This is a great place to meet people who are just like you and create a safe space where you can make friends from everywhere around the globe.
- The application also updates you about the quilting workshops that are going to take place near you.
- A very fresh and recent app released almost a year ago but has created its mark amongst quilters.
5. How to Quilt (Guide)
An app that will guide you from the basic i.e. the very initial step where you want to start quilting till you are pro in this skill. This app will walk you through each step, starting from selecting the right fabric to becoming an expert, they will help you through it all.
Few fun facts about How to Quilt (Guide)
- This quilting app is designed in such a manner that it will make your first time quilting a great experience with various simple projects and by breaking down the process in easier steps for better understanding.
- Even though you might think quilting is a complex process but once you accomplish one project you will start to realize how easy it actually was.
So, if you are ready to start quilting today, head over to your app store and download this app now!
Also Read: Best Measure Distance Apps
6. Patchwork DIY
In Patchwork DIY you create your own fashionable quilts from hundreds of designs. There are a lot of patterns to learn and the most common ones are cushions, bags, quilts, and so many others. This DIY will help you save your money and do it all by yourself where you do not throw away the remaining fabric from your clothes but instead use it in patchwork and create beautiful items from it.
Few fun facts about Patchwork DIY
- This is a form of recycling where you are also creating brilliant artwork.
- The different types of videos shown on this are of Bedspreads, bags, Cushions, Gifts for your friends and family and so many patterns that it gets impossible to stop creating.
7. Patchwork & Quilt Ideas
Patchwork and quilt ideas is a step-by-step learning application. This app gives you offline service as well where you can still view all the pictures from the gallery. There is also a monthly update of all the new patterns and images plus ideas. You can even connect your social media to this app and share your artwork with your friends and family.
The application includes
- quilt magazines,
- patchwork fabric,
- quilt pattern,
- quilt patterns for beginners,
- free quilting, ideas, and recommendations, etc.
Also Read: Blood Pressure App For Android
8. DIY patchwork making sewing stitch patterns
A great application for people who are looking forward to learning quilting and patchwork from home. This app is amazing for home DIYs where you learn to make different home craft projects and the step-by-step tutorials help you through it. Whether it is your cushion or your blanket, this app will give you tutorials to make these home materials fancy and stylish.
Few fun facts about How to Quilt (Guide)
- There are innumerable designs and patterns available on this application form which you can learn.
- The graphic images in this app will give you a better idea of what you are creating.
- This quilting design app is a great stop for all you homemakers.
9. Quilt and Patchwork Design
Again, a very useful quilting design app that is totally free and shows you cost-effective techniques to reprocess your fabric and create an amazing patchwork from it. This application is solely made for that and will guide you through it. The app makers say that a patchwork is not a waste but an opportunity to create. To create something of value and utilize the patchwork into it.
Few fun facts about Quilt and Patchwork Design
- The rags can be utilized as handicrafts.
- This way you can create basic things for your own help like a television cover and refrigerator lid or you can craft something of higher value using the same method.
- This application will teach you the basics as well as the expensive things which are made with the same technique.
Also Read: Best Calorie Counter App
Quilting is a stunning form of art that you can do for yourself and for others. This skill is very useful for someone who just wants to learn as a hobby or for someone who wants to make money out of it. You can create thousands of patterns and generate multiple ideas where you will learn and create beautiful things every day. So, if you are ready to learn quilting and start making something all by yourself then the above-given quilting design app is the place for you. Download them on your android operating system device (Playstore) now!